Friday, October 2, 2009

Cruise Food

The first night we were on our cruise, the guy in charge of the fitness center told us that on average a person gains 2lbs. a day on a cruise. From that point on I took the stairs. I didn't gain that much, but I could see how you could gain a ton of weight on a cruise.
Not only were these scrumptious items available in the dinning room there were also plenty of buffets and 24 hour ice cream and pizza available.
I will try to identify the items pictured as best as I can remember.

This is a chocolate moose cake. It was very good, but really rich.
Baked Alaska.
Pot Roast.
Veal Parmesan. Bo said that this was really good.

Shrimp, calamari and muscles in a tomato base sauce over pasta. Very Enjoyable.

Diet Banana Cake. Couldn't tell it was diet at all. It was made with Splenda.

Some kind of steak. I couldn't tell you what this is. Bo had it. He even at the onion rings and he doesn't like onion rings at all.

This is some kind of fish. I can't remember what it is, but I know it was very bland and the least tasty thing I ate in the dinning room.
This is an appetizer of stuffed mushrooms. Everyone at the table ordered this and we all loved it.


My mother in law got the pear which was off the spa menu.

This is some kind of orange cream in a white sponge cake. If they would have let me drink the cream I would have. It was that good.
Bo ordered this capuchino pie. He devoured it in no time.

This has to be one of my favorite items from the week. It is a cold Mango cream soup. I LOVED it. Before I could finish it my mother-in-law, Bo, and my sister-in-law all tried it. Everyone seemed to enjoy it. I really want to try and make this at home.

Black Forest Cake.

Chocolate Melting Cake which is a Carnival Cruise Classic according to the menu. I think someone ordered this dessert every night.

This was the vegetarian dist the first night on board. It has to be my seconded favorite item of the week. It was a Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Squash, and Yam Pot Pie. It was absolutely wonderful.
I LOVE food, but most of all I love to try different food. I like the idea if I wasn't sure I would like what I ordered that I could try it and order something else that I would like. I don't care how picky you are there would definitely be something on board that you would like to eat.

1 comment:

United Studies said...

I think I have gained weight just looking at it all! I do think I'd enjoy having someone else cook for me for a week. :-)