Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
How I Meet Your Mother is one of my favorite shows, and I'm so glad that it returned this season. Barney and Robin together just rock!
Accidentally on Purpose is a show that I would like to see stick around because it is funny. Even my mom liked it. I'm sure my mom and I are not the demographic that TV is looking for. They always seem to concentrate on the 18-24 year old and needless to say we are not in that group. It is good to Jenna Elfman back on TV.
The Good Wife has to be my drama pick for the year. It is a legal show with heart. I like that it deals with woman back in the workforce. I know it may sound odd, but I like that. The scandal part of her life seems almost normal I mean there is always a scandal at some level. It could be that you live in a small town and you are the big story or that your the top story on CNN and FoxNews.
Monday, September 21, 2009
The description of the book from Thomas Nelson's website:
Orange Beach, Alabama is a simple town filled with simple people. But like all humans on the planet, the good folks of Orange Beach have their share of problems – marriages teetering on the brink of divorce, young adults giving up on life, business people on the verge of bankruptcy, as well as the many other obstacles that life seems to dish out to the masses.
Fortunately, when things look the darkest – a mysterious man named Jones has a miraculous way of showing up. An elderly man with white hair, of indiscriminate age and race, wearing blue jeans, a white T-shirt and leather flip flops carrying a battered old suitcase, Jones is a unique soul. Communicating what he calls “a little perspective,” Jones explains that he has been given a gift of noticing things that others miss. “Your time on this earth is a gift to be used wisely,” he says. “Don’t squander your words or your thoughts. Consider even the simplest action you take, for your lives matter beyond measure…and they matter forever.”
Saturday, September 19, 2009
So in honor of my birthday I decided to write 32 things about myself. Bo helped me come up with the list. So here goes...
- I LOVE my name! It so fits me and I couldn't imagine being named anything else.
- I have dimples. Bo always corrects me by saying dimple. One is more prominent than the other.
- I went to Europe as a high schooler. But I have just as many fond of memories doing the fundraisers with my family as I do the trip. Thanks - Mom, Dad, and Brother
- I have seen Niagara Falls.
- I have never been to Mexico.
- My yard is full of bunny rabbits that I have named Thumper, all of them.
- I have a doe that eats out my yard that I have named Daisy.
- No, I DON'T live in the country.
- I like all kinds of music, but mostly listen to country.
- I'm a beach person.
- I want to retire in Florida. Bo and I want to retire to different parts of Florida so I'm glad we have some time to decide.
- I have more fabric than I will ever be able to sew.
- I wish I could draw better than I can.
- I hate getting up in the morning. Always have. Always will.
- I have tons of nicknames. I don't know why, but everyone seems to give me one.
- I love to swim or at least be in the pool and read.
- I love to bake. Cookies are my favorite thing to bake.
- I love bright colors. The brighter the better.
- Chick flicks rock. Some of my favorites are Sabrina, The Cutting Edge and Ever after.
- Chick-fil-a is my favorite place to eat. I'm torn between the nuggets and strips being my favorite menu items, but I pretty much will eat anything on the menu.
- Bob Costas gets on my nerves and I don't know why.
- I loved the Braves when Ted Turner owned them. The same can be said for TBS.
- I'm not a Yankees fan at all, but I would have loved to have gone to Yankees Stadium before they tore it down.
- I could care less about football.
- If I have to choose between Alabama and Auburn I'll choose Auburn, but when I have kids they will be raised Alabama fans I'm sure.
- I love visiting Pennsylvania in the summer. I guess because I went there every summer as a child to visit my grandmother.
- I love the feel of Kentucky Blue Grass under my feet. This is the type of grass my grandmother had in her yard and it always felt good and lush like carpet.
- I have never been on a cruise.
- I LOVE Disney World. It is my happy place. I have been 6 times in my life, and I'm sure the number will continue to grow. The first time I went was around the age of 1.
- I like to shoot skeet. We usually only do it at Thanksgiving, but I wish we did it more often.
- I have a very natural golf swing and enjoy the driving range, but actually playing golf is not something I enjoy.
- I am very happy with my life, and I can't wait to see what my 32ND year on this earth brings.
So there you go 32 thing I bet you didn't know about me.
Friday, September 18, 2009
I love the fact that she has included several pages of recipes that make this book worth the money I paid for it. I will continue to read Mary Hunt's daily email, but I don't know if I will read another one of her books.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Monday, September 7, 2009
We no longer go camping. We stay at a nice condo complex. So while we are there we spent many hours swimming.