Thursday, August 13, 2009

Horseshoe Curve

While we were in State College we decided to ride over to Altoona and see Horseshoe Curve. They have improved the roads so much so this trip took us a little over an hour for what used to take all day.

Bo had seen a History Channel special about Horseshoe Curve. So he was excited to see it. I was okay with it. Mostly because I had seen it as a kid, but my vacation wouldn't be complete without seeing a Zoo or a train. They always seemed to part of my childhood vacations and still seem to be a trend in my vacations.
Just by luck we timed it just right to see two trains climb the mountain and cross. Both were freight trains with one just caring coal. Horseshoe Curve is an interesting place, but I don't know if I will have to go back and see it again. Twice is enough.
I enjoyed watching the trian go around the curve. There are three tracks up there. I think it would be interesting to see three trains pass all at the same time.


This is just a little to "GREEN" for me. These toilets have been there for years so this isn't something new.





No comments: