Saturday, October 27, 2012

Saturday Movie Time

Bo and Boo went to my in laws today and so I took the opportunity to watch a few movies. I probably should have cleaned my house, but watching movies is so much more fun.  Especially when the movies aren't animated and they don't have any talking animals in them.  
 
Joyful Noise - was a good movie, and had a great message.  It was slow at times, but I love Dolly Parton so I stuck with it, and I'm glad I did.   At times it had a made for TV feel.
Blue Like Jazz - I LOVED this book, and I have read several of Donal Miller's other books.  So I expected a lot from this movie and it keep on falling short to me.  I keep on thinking that wasn't how I remembered it.  I know that it is said all the time, but the book was way better than the movie.
The Lucky One - is based on a Nicholas Sparks book so it seems to have the same plot as most of his books and the movies that are based on them.  The movie was beautifully shot, and the locations they used were amazing. I thought the little boy who played Benjamin was great along with Blythe Danner.  Zac Efron is usually very attractive, but I didn't like the hair on his face and I usually like facial hair.  I know that sounds knit picky but it really just distracted me. I really liked seeing Zac Efron in this type of movie.  Overall, I enjoyed this movie and it was a great movie to watch while the guys were away.

No comments: