Friday, March 12, 2010

The Shack

From Books A Million :
Mackenzie Allen Philips' youngest daughter, Missy, has been abducted during a family vacation and evidence that she may have been brutally murdered is found in an abandoned shack deep in the Oregon wilderness. Four years later in the midst of his "Great Sadness," Mack receives a suspicious note, apparently from God, inviting him back to that shack for a weekend. Against his better judgment he arrives at the shack on a wintry afternoon and walks back into his darkest nightmare. What he finds there will change Mack's world forever. In a world where religion seems to grow increasingly irrelevant "The Shack" wrestles with the timeless question, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?" The answers Mack gets will astound you and perhaps transform you as much as it did him. You'll want everyone you know to read this book!
Let me just say I don't want everyone I know to read this book. It took me 2 and a half months to read , which is an extremely long time for me to finish a book. The beginning of the book, first 75 pages, and the final couple of chapters were good. The stuff in the middle just drug on. I really like the concept of this book, but I just don't think I got it all because I keep on getting lost.
I know of two other people at work who have read this book. One told me it was good and then when I asked her about it she said she really just scanned it. The other one told me the book just wasn't that good. This book was just okay and I'm glad I borrowed it instead of buying it. Again I think the concepts were good.

No comments: