Monday, November 16, 2009

Roasted Peanuts

Okay, I know that you are probably tired of hearing about peanuts. So I promise that this is my last post about them for a while.

This year at the parade we picked up a ton of green peanuts. I mean more than we could really carry, and we really didn't know what to do with them. We all ate a few at the parade, but I mean I had 2 and half quart size bags of peanuts that I didn't want to be put in the trash.

So, Bo roasted them for me. We were really not sure if it was going to work, but it did. He put them in the oven at 350 for 40 min., turning them often. They came out great! After he shelled and pealed them we had 3/4 of a pound of FREE roasted peanuts. You just can't beat that. Especially since I have several recipes to use them in this holiday season.

No comments: