Thursday, November 12, 2009

Elephant Ears

Bo and I didn't eat any Elephant Ears at the fair this year. I would rather have a funnel cake any day over an Elephant Ear. Moving on from fair food, I decided to share with you some Elephant Ears that Bo grew this year. I had the idea that we needed to have elephant ears on one side of our house so that it would help the brick stay cooler when the sun is beating on it. It seems to have helped some.


Bo pointing out just how tall his elephant ears got this year. I have to say these have to be one of the easiest plants to grow.
Bo planted six bulbs and they all grew very well, but this one had to be the biggest one. I think these are absolutely beautiful plants. They seem so tropical to me.

I have been warned by several people that they will eventually take over my yard and I will get tired of them and want to get rid of them. Until that time happens I will love looking at them. Thank you Bo for planting them and taking care of them. Can't wait to see what they look next year.

No comments: