Monday, March 3, 2014

Spinach Stuffed Chicken

Bo has been working a ton of hours the last couple of weeks so he has asked me make him a meals that he could take with him to work to eat as his suppers.  He wants them easy, delicious, warm up friendly, gluten free and nutritious, adult food. Not to much to ask is it? Meaning he doesn't want to live off of Hot Pockets and Lean Cuisines. Nothing like a good challenge to get the brain pumping.  I knew I had a winner the other night while I was making it. 

I know Bo loves spinach and mushrooms. So I wilted a bag of fresh spinach and added mushrooms onions and garlic.  Onions and garlic have become a staple at our house. If you would have told me that as a kid I would have laughed at you. Neither of us really even like onions, but we know they add tons of flavor.

Organic Chicken Cutlets were on sale last week so I stocked up.  I covered the chicken on both sides in Italian Seasoning and then pounded them out with a rolling pin. I really should get a meat tenderizer it would make the job easier. 
 I put slices of Colby Jack cheese on top of the Chicken.
 Filled the chicken with the stuffing mix.  Ignore the hair brush.  It doesn't usually sit on the kitchen counter, but Boo keep on bringing me things as I cooked dinner this night.  I actually ended up putting the Parmesan cheese in a drawer with the foil only for it be found hours later. It was really stressful cooking and being brought random things from other parts of the house.  I'm glad I didn't have a recipe to follow.
Bake for 30 min at 350.  I used toothpicks to hold the chicken together.
Topped with a little Parmesan and served with Marinara Sauce.
This was excellent.  Bo LOVED it.

No comments: