Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Hoda

Between a lightning storm that knocked out my Internet and Boll Weevil (Bo gave him this name because he likes to eat his cotton sleeves.) getting his first set of shots, I haven't had time to take pictures of his new outfits. But I have had time to finish the last new chapters of Hoda's book. Really there isn't much you can do when your child just wants to cling to you and you have no TV. I watch Hoda and KLG on the internet. So that leaves good old fashioned reading.
Let me start off by saying I love Hoda. Some days I don't know how she puts up with Kathie Lee, but then again there is always someone like Kathie Lee in every ones life. Hoda's book was a good easy read and I'm so glad that I got to read it. It was like learning a little bit more about the new girl in school. You think you know her, but you really don't. I have to admit that I have had this book for a while. I got it for Christmas and I just finished it. I actually took this book to the hospital with me when I had Boll Weevil. Don't ask me why because I definitely didn't have time to read, but all of the pregnancy books I read said to make sure I took reading material with you. So Hoda came along to the hospital. Actually from this book Hoda seems like the person you would want at the hospital because she would be the one who would tell you to look forward. So I'm glad I took her along with me.


If Hoda wrote another book I would definitely read it.


By the way Hoda - some people do know where Dothan, Alabama is. I loved it that she mentioned my home town. I was disappointed that they didn't hire her at the local TV station. She could have been in the Peanut Festival Parade instead of the Mardi Gra Parades in New Orleans.


Overview from booksamillion.com:


SHE'S JUST LIKE THE REST OF US : overstuffed purse, always losing keys, high-maintenance hair, snack guilt after an evening binge. But she's something different, too. Hoda Kotb grew up in two cultures--one where summers meant playing at the foot of the ancient pyramids and another where she had to meet her junior prom date at the local 7-Eleven to spare them both the wrath of her conservative Egyptian parents. She's traveled the globe for network television, smuggling videotapes in her shoes and stepping along roads riddled with land mines. She's weathered the devastation of Hurricane Katrina, and a personal Category 5 as well: divorce and breast cancer in the same year. And if that's not scary enough, she then began co hosting the fourth hour of Today with Kathie Lee Gifford. (Oh, c'mon, KLG! That's funny . . . put down the huge pour of Chardonnay and laugh with us.) Hoda reads just like Hoda--light, funny, positive, and positively inspiring.

No comments: