Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bag for Christmas Books

I know that I have been away from my blog for awhile now. I hope everyone understands that I have been busy with the holidays and getting ready for the baby that I haven't had much time to sew and I didn't think you really wanted to see me wash and seperate baby clothes.

I did make time to sew over New Years. I made this drawstring bag. I made it a little to large, but it works out great. I plan on using it for Baby's Christmas books. Several years ago I read about a mom that would put up their children's Christmas books and bring them out with the Christmas decorations making their Christmas books seem new again.
For Christmas the baby got several Christmas books from his grandmothers and cousins, then on Christmas day I hit a great sale at Target, 75% off all Christmas items including the Dollar Spot. Many of the books pictured below were a quarter a piece. You can't beat that. I can't wait to read these to the baby next Christmas.

I hope all of you had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

No comments: