Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thankful Thursday

In light of our present economy. I decided that instead of focusing on the negative that seems to be everywhere. I am going to try to find positive things in my life that I'm thankful for, and I'll post about them. They may be large, small, creative or quirky things. Just check back every Thursday to see what they are.
Since this is a sewing blog, my first think I'm thankful for is my sewing machine, a Baby Lock quilters addition. I have in the past complained about her to everyone who would listen. I think Beulah the Baby Lock and I have a better relationship than when we first started. We may actually be friends now. I love that Beulah the Baby Lock has more stitches than I could ever use. I also like that she is computerised. I used to have a Kenmore that I sewed on for many hours, but I really wanted to move up to a fancier machine. Beulah the Baby Lock came into my life after Bo and I were engaged. Right before we got married we had a huge yard sale to sell everything that we had duplicates of. The money from the yard sale went to purchase Beulah the Baby Lock.
How did Beulah the Baby Lock get her name? I usually don't name inanimate objects, but since I planned to spend many hours with my sewing machine I thought I should name her. It took me a while to come up with a name. One day I was driving through Bo's home town and I past a church with the name Beulah. Well I love alliteration and the name just stuck. My sewing machine became know as Beulah the Baby Lock or sometimes just Beulah for short. It is funny to hear Bo ask me how Beulah is doing or if she cooperating. Again, I'm so thankful that I'm able to afford such a nice machine and that I know how to use her (sort of).

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

Jana Nielson said...

Bessie (the Bernina) and I are thankful for each other....and fabric!