Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
This is what they are calling the outside. Which I don't like
This is what they are calling the inside which I do like. I'm planning to use this as the outside.
Another new project I hope to get finished soon.
Monday, July 28, 2008
Bo and I went to dinner with his brother and his new fiance on Wednesday night. Congratulations to Michael and Hannah.
Did I get to sew Thursday night? Well, no I had to pack to go to my in-laws house to run the store again. They needed and enjoy there well earned vacation. So it was no problem, and there is nothing like spending time in a small town. I just love it. If only they had a local fabric or quilt store.
I know that this looks like a random picture of an eggplant. Which it kind of is. My boss gave it to me and it was so pretty I had to take a picture. It tasted good too.
My sewing machine was acting up again. So I took it to the shop they adjusted to the bobbin casing tension. This helped on some of the fabric I used, but not all of it. I think that the automatic thread tension adjuster is messed up. I guess I will have to take it back again.
I did finish these shorts for my nephew. The stitches look horrible, but he won't care.
I made these flannel pants and the stitches look wonderful. These are part of nephews Christmas present.
This pajama top is made from Simplicity 9553 and every time I make it I have the same problem, the v neck banding. I don't know if it is me of if it is the directions.
Monday, July 21, 2008
I took advantage of Bo's time at the store and cut out several patterns. The above pictured Simplicity dog quilt took forever to cut out, but from reading the instructions it doesn't look that it is hard to sew.
I also cut out an apron, a pair of sleep short, a pair of pajama pants, and the a pair of pajamas the only thing is I ran out of fabric for the sleeves and I won't be able to go to Hancock's until tomorrow night. I hope they still have some.
This is us opening the store this morning before we drove home to go to our regular jobs. If Bo didn't love the Store so much it would make it much much harder to do.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
While watching Bob Costas' special on HBO, I did get to cut out all of the pattern pieces. I plan on making the dog shaped blanket for Nephew for Christmas.
I ironed the fabric I intend to use for the dog blanket.
I ironed the fabric to make a pair of AU sleep shorts.
I want to make a pair of flannel PJ's out of this fabric.
This apron also needs to be made.
I have all of these projects lined up, just waiting to be made. My machine is now in the car on its way to go to the shop. I think that the timing is off.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
I would like to thank the ladies at Quilt Taffy for the wonderful fabric that I won. I love it so much. I may not be able to cut it.
Monday, July 7, 2008
By the way we had a great 4th of July with the In-Laws. We will continue celebrating this upcoming weekend with my family.
Now, on to the winner, and. We accomplished the following items:
- Pick Up Prescription
- Drop Off Dry Cleaning
- Purchase New Blinds -They look great
- Visited the In-Laws and watched some beautiful fireworks
- Exercises -These are for my feet. I have plantars fasciitis and heel spurs.
- The Quarter Round is down in the Master Bedroom
- The Quarter Round is down in the Guest Bedroom
- The Wood Floor is all down in the Guest Bedroom
- Thresholds are glued down
- Dishes - To keep up with them we did four loads. I so hate it when I have to wash the extra large items. They take up so much room in the dishwasher.
- Trash- I took all the big boxes to the City's weekly drop off site.
- Laundry - did more than I wanted to mention.
- Purchased a prize - See picture below.
- The day gown now has lace on both sides of the front placket.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
- Pick up prescription
- Dry Cleaners
- Purchase new Blinds
- Visit In-Laws and go see fireworks
- Buy curtain rods
- Quarter Round in Master Bedroom
- Quarter Round in Guest Bedroom
- Finish laying wood floors in Guest Bedroom
- Put up new light fixture in hall and outside
- Clean the house
- Glue down thresholds
- Buy curtain fabric for living room
- Make living room curtains
- Cut out apron
- Sew apron (I'm Dreaming)
- Dishes (There always seems to be some in the sink)
- Laundry (I think it reproduces in the hamper)
- Buy a prize for this giveaway
- Work on daygown
So come on how many do you think that I'll get done. The person who guess the correct number or the number to it will get a prize (see #20). One guess per person and no guess will count after Monday at 3pm. I will let you know on Tuesday who won.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Hopefully, I can paint and finish the trim in our bedroom tonight, and then I'll be able to sew the rest of the week.