Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Holiday Movies

Let me start off my saying - I love Red Box.  I don't think I would watch nearly as many movies if I didn't have Red Box. So over the Holidays I have watched several movies. Some were better than I thought others not so much.

I will also say I must be getting old because the first two movies had some bad language in them that I didn't think added anything to them.

1st - The Words. I rented this movie because there wasn't much left at the Red Box.  Bo and I were both pleasantly surprised at this movie. It not only entertained us, but also made us think.  We are still talking about the ending. I would highly recommend it. 
2nd: Trouble with the Curve.  I was so looking forward to seeing this movie.  I love baseball movies, the Braves, Clint Eastwood and Amy Adams all of these things made for a good movie, but not great.  There were times that it was slow.  The best surprise in the entire movie was Justin Timberlake.  He did a great job! Glad I didn't go see this movie at the theater, but good for a rental.  This movie really had heart which is missing in some movies lately.
 3rd - Parental Guidance - (In the last year I have won 5 movie tickets and the last one was expiring.  I spent a few days with my mom and we went to the movies together. My aunt nicely babysat for me. It was great to spend time with my mom.)  Back to the movie review - This was a classic comedy.  It reminded me a lot of 80's and 90's comedies.  I will rent this one when it comes out.  Predictable at times, but it really made me laugh. As we were leaving the movies my aunt who lives 1,000 miles away called my mom and told her she had to see this movie I think it will have a good word of mouth. 

I will let you know that I also saw The Hobbit.   Bo wanted to see this movie for his birthday so I went with him, but seeing as I haven't seen any of the other movies or read any of the books I was a little lost.  Also it was kind of slow in the beginning.  I sleep during the first 30-45 min. Some of the fight scenes were kind of graphic.

Have you seen any good movies lately?

No comments: