Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Countdown to Christmas

The Internet is a place to find may ideas, but sometimes you see the same ideas over and over again.  That is why I have a love hate relationship with Pinterest.  (But I'll save that for another post.)

I have no desire to wrap all of my son's Christmas books and let him open them one at a time.  The little environmentalist inside of me says that is a waste of paper.  And the tired mom in me says it is a waste of time. We only bring out Boo's Christmas themed books from Thanksgiving until New Years.  So to make sure that they all get read.  I made 24 different envelopes.  Each envelope is different and may or may not relate to the book inside.  I used a bunch of left over scrapbook stickers for this project.  Then inside of each envelope is a Title of a book, and that is the featured book that night.

It took me several times to figure out how I was going to get this to stay on the wall.  I ended up using some covered pipe cleaners, clothes pins and push pins.  (If my dad were alive and reading this post - I would get a call right now about how I shouldn't put that many push pins in my wall and they were going to leave holes.)  But in the name of craftiness I  move on past all of my dad's rules on push pins and I make a good count down to Christmas that we all enjoy.  Also I hope to redo my hallway in the spring so the wholes will be patched up and I'll have to think of something else next year. 

How do you Countdown to Christmas?

 Countdown to Christmas all 24 envelopes
 Close up of an envelope
Simple Note Card with a book Title on it.

Our collection of Christmas Books.  I know that these will change over the years as Boo gets older, but right now I'm happy with what we have.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Great idea! Kinda like a book Advent calendar!! This year I made an advent calendar/Jesse Tree that we are gonna use with our Jesus Storybook bible - http://joyfullyweary.blogspot.com/2011/11/our-advent-calendar.html