Sunday, December 16, 2012

Birthday Celebration

Over the weekend we celebrated my mom's and Bo's birthdays.  December birthdays seem to get shorted by the excitement of Christmas.  Bo and my mom are really agreeable about celebrating together. 
 
 I only have one rule - Their presents can't be wrapped in Christmas paper. Ever since I was able to buy my mom a gift out of my own money I have wrapped it in birthday paper.  They need to know there birthday is just as special as someone in May/June.  Do you have any rules about Birthdays?
 
That brings me to this toy soldier.  On my mom's 50th birthday she requested that we go to Calloway Gardens to see the Christmas lights.  My brother and sister-in-law couldn't make and Bo and I had just started dating so he didn't go.  It ended up just being my mom, dad and I.  We had lots of fun just spending the day together.  Like any time I have ever gone to Calloway it was cold and rainy, but well worth the drive.  The memories a little Christmas ornament can bring.
 
 
Happy Bithday Mom and Bo!

No comments: