Thursday, July 21, 2011

Easy Week Night Meal

I was looking at old cookbooks the other night and I saw that there was a note beside the Tex Mex Pork Chops that said, "we both liked". So Bo and I put it on the menu. We both forgot how good this really was. We found it in Favorite Brand Name Match a Meal Quick & Easy Cookbook.
Tex Mex Pork Chops:
4 Boneless Pork Chops about 1lb
1 Teaspoon Vegetable Oil
1.5 cups of Salsa
1 can (4 oz) diced green chilies
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 shredded Cheddar cheese

Heat oil in nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Brown chops on one side, about 2 minutes. Turn chops over. Add Salsa, chilies and cumin to skillet; mix well. Lower heat, cover and barely simmer for 8 minutes. Uncover; top each chop with 1 tablespoon cheese. Cover and simmer an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediatly.

I place the pork chops on top of white rice and topped with chow mein noddles, for a little extra crunch.

This recipe was wonderful and I will add it to my regular rotation. Let me know if you try it and like it.

No comments: