Friday, June 3, 2011

Alabama Quiz

I know not all of you are from Alabama and some of you probably have never been to Alabama, but my work for fun sent out a quiz on how much you know about Alabama. I thought it was fun, and I wanted to share it with you. I missed 3 which I didn't think was to bad since I haven't had Alabama history since 4Th grade. Let me know how you did.

1. The official state fruit is the:
a. Blueberry
b. Strawberry
c. Blackberry
d. Jerry berry

2. What city has a peach-shaped water tower?
a. Prattville
b. Clanton
c. Calera
d. Autaugaville

3. The official state nut is the:
a. Acorn
b. Pecan
c. Peanut
d. Cashew

4. Which city introduced the first Electric Trolley System?
a. Slapout
b. Luverne
c. Birmingham
d. Montgomery

5. How many terms did George Wallace serve as governor?
a. Three
b. Four
c. Five
d. Six

6. In Enterprise, there is a monument to what insect?
a. Ant
b. Gnat
c. Roach
d. Boll weevil

7. What are the colors on the state flag?
a. Red and white
b. Blue and orange
c. Green and gold
d. Aqua and teal

8. Which of the following were born in Alabama?
a. Courtney Cox
b. Willie Mays
c. Nat “King” Cole
d. Jim Nabors
e. All of the above
f. Only b. and c.

9. How many holes are on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail?
a. 468
b. 540
c. 432
d. 360

10. What city is the geographic center of Alabama?
a. Clanton
b. Calera
c. Chilton
d. Center Pointe


Answers: 1. c; 2. b; 3. b; 4. d; 5. b; 6. d; 7. a; 8. e; 9. a; 10. c

No comments: