Tuesday, October 7, 2008

sewing with knits

Okay, last night had a long list of things to do. One of which was go to Hobby Lobby and Hancock.(Lucky me because they are located next door to each other which I find odd.)

I had done a mental inventory of my closet and I noticed I was missing long sleeve T-shirts or the equivalent. We are leaving for the mountains on Thursday so I thought I could whip up a shirt or two. I had seen this knit earlier in the week and didn't purchase it because I didn't know what to do with it. I now had a plan McCall's 5469. I cut out the pink, but I think I'll hold off on the blue until we get back.


The entire reason I had to stop was to get black knit fabric to coordinate with the pink camo I already had, and I was going to use a pattern I already had, Built By Wendy Simplicity 3692. So much for saving money. I did get this cut out last night, and I think I'm going to love it.

But while I was at Hancock I had to stop and check out the Dollar table. Man, did I make out like a bandit. I mean I got Halloween fabric before Halloween for $1.00 a yard. The yellow and black is a knit I have looked at for a while. I think it will be a sleeve less shirt next summer. There isn't much there. The other two I just had to have. Well, my plan tonight is to sew up the two shirt I cut out last night, and maybe start packing.

No comments: