Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Strawberry Cake

Okay last night instead of sewing, I made a Strawberry Cake for a reception tonight. Well, lets just say that the cake didn't turn out at all. I was going to take a picture because it looked so bad, but then I just couldn't. When this cake is made correctly it is wonderful. My mother-in-law makes it all the time without any trouble and this is her recipe.

Strawberry Cake
pre-heat oven to 350
1 package yellow cake mix
1 small strawberry jello
2/3 cups water
1/2 cups oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup frozen strawberries (it doesn't say this, but I think they need to be thawed)
Combine all ingredients and pour into 2 (9 inch) greased and floured round cake pans.
Bake for 25 minutes.
The best part
Strawberry Icing
1 stick Butter
1 package Confectioner's Sugar
1/2 cup frozen strawberries with juice left in again I think these should be thawed. If necessary liquid may be added if frosting is to thick.
Cream butter and mix in Confectioner's sugar and strawberries until smooth and the right consistency to frost cake.
Frost the cake after it has cooled.
If you try it please let me know what you think.

2 comments:

al said...

I have a very similar recipe... and I actually made it the other day for a bake sale! Weird!

Joanna said...

Mmmmm....that sounds so yummy! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for the recipe!