Sunday, June 1, 2008

Is it already Sunday?

I can't believe the week is already over. Bo and I both took off work on Friday to paint our living room. We had to prime the walls along with putting on two coats of paint. We did finish, but not until 1 am.
We still need to paint the trim, but I did put the first coat of paint on the mantel. I wanted to paint the brass around the fireplace, but I haven't found an option that I liked. I guess I will have to live with the brass.
Saturday I finished my bishop dress. Sorry for the horrible picture, but we were leaving and for the baby shower I was going to was two hours away and I still had to finish the button holes. Luckily, I had time to do those in the car. The future mother is a friend of my from high school and she seems to really appreciate it. She actually received many hand made gifts which I was glad to see.
I also got to eat dinner with my nephew. Boy is he growing so much and his hair is so blond and tan. He is full of spunk and determination.
I have off work tomorrow for a holiday. I know what you are thinking... what holiday is on June 2? Well the state of Alabama celebrates Jefferson Davis' Birthday. I'll take the day. I don't care what they call it. I hope to use the day to get more things done around the house and maybe work in some time to sew.

No comments: