Friday, June 13, 2008

Painting or Sewing? Which to do?

I decided to paint. Let me warn you I am not a artist when it comes to paining. Unless you count watching numerous hours of Donna Dewberry and Bob Ross on PBS, I have never taken a painting lesson in my life. So my art is a little hit or miss, but people create their own art on HGTV all the time. So, why can't I give it a try? Armed with my lovely projector, I can trace an item and make it sort of look like I can paint. I traced pictures that we have from some our trips. I still have one more to go. I just couldn't paint another one last night because my wrist hurt so bad. These are to hang over my couch and four seemed to fit the space much better than three.



This one is of a cactus in Vegas. Bo thinks that it looks like a needle off a pine tree. This is his favorite. This one is of a mountain on the island of Maui. I can't for the life of me think of its name. Bo hates this painting. He thinks that is has no life. I did add texture to make it look somewhat better. He kept telling me that I need to add color. That was not the look I was going for.
This one is of the Jungle Cruise at Disney World. I love this ride. It is great that it hasn't been updated. In some ways it is super cheesy, but it brings back all of those magical times at Disney World.

I have one more to canvas to paint. Hopefully, I will get that done soon. I'm off to visit my dad for Father's Day.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Bob Ross was the best teacher ever! I remember waking up early on Saturdays to watch his show on PBS growing up! We always made fun of him in art class by putting a "happy little bush" somewhere in our paintings, even if it wasn't relevant to the subject at all! Great job on your artwork. The first one is my fave, too.