Thursday, April 4, 2013

Brown Bear Brownies

A friend of mine told me that for Valentine's Day she made heart shaped brownies for her daughter's class by making fudge brownies in  large cookie sheet. I decided to try it with a bear shape. I turned out great. 
 I would say the gooey-er the the better and don't let them completely cool before cutting them out.
The left over parts.  My friend said her husband suggested putting this part on top of ice cream.
I made these brownies for Zoo Weekend.  I have a love hate relationship with the zoo (any zoo actually) The alligator exhibit at our zoo is horrible and it just makes me so sad to see the alligator in his small enclosure.  I will say that he is suppose to get a new exhibit soon, but it seem to be taking them a long time to build .  My love part about the zoo is that is has an amazing playground and Boo just loves the train ride, and it has a nice walking area.  I also have to say our zoo has come a long way from when I was a kid.  I guess those memories have tainted me. 
The other day Boo and I were at the zoo.  We went there just to ride that train and see the new tigers.  As we were riding around I got to thinking if you don't like what you see help fix the situation.  When I got home the phone rang and I was asked to help make brownies for the Zoo weekend bake sale.  I know it is a small thing. but it is all I have time to help with this weekend.  Sometimes I think our heart is softened before we are asked to do a task because it is what we are suppose to do. If they had called me on any other day I would have told them I didn't have time, but this weekend I hope my little part helps bring improvement to the zoo and make those animals who live there lives a little better.

No comments: