Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Decorations Part I

Since this is the week of Christmas, I thought I would share some of my favorite Christmas decorations. Today I'll share handmade items.
First up: This is one of those plaster items from either Wal-mart or Michael's. I don't know which one. My mom painted this and gave it to me. I just LOVE it! I think she did a great job with the colors. They are very muted. These pictures don't do it justice.


Who doesn't love Snoopy? My grandmother, Maw, made this throw rug for me several years ago. Since Bo and I have gotten married it has found a place at my back door. I just love it and I think Maw did a great job. She made it from a latch hook rug kit. She has terrible arthritis in her hands, but her Dr. has encouraged her to knit and do latch hooking to keep what mobility she has left.

This is a pillow I smocked for Bo I actually made it to match his Christmas stocking. It is suppose to be snowflakes, but think they look more like little UFOs. His stocking is the plaid and the pipping is done in the red. It is so nice to use scraps to make coordinating items.






1 comment:

djkirk75 said...

very old school...like space invaders