Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Cooking for Thanksgiving

Bo and I both have great parents and we love to spend time with them. Our families Thanksgiving day festivities are at different times so we are able to spend time with both sets. We will head to Bo's family farm to fish, ride 4wheelers, hit golf balls, shoot skeet, and EAT. There is all kinds of good food. Then we will head to my families house which is much more low key event and eat some more. Man, my mom makes the best baked corn, and she only makes three times a year Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. I look forward to it each time she makes it.

I plan to make for Thanksgiving sticky buns, pumpkin cake, and pumpkin trail mix.

I put the loafs of bread for the sticky buns in the oven to thaw and rise. When I started to make my cake I preheated the oven and forgot the loafs were in the oven rising. This is what I found when I went to put my cake in the oven.
Needless to say I had to go buy some more frozen bread loafs and I will have to make these in the morning. I did finish my cake and I also made some pumpkin butter. Bo questioned me to see if I was going to try and use every dish in the house. Because he nicely did the dishes while I cooked.

This is a picture of my Thanksgiving mix. I found this recipe several years ago in a Pillsbury cookbook. It is peanuts, candy corn and apple cinnamon cheerios. It is so tasty.

I hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

United Studies said...

I have never heard of that kind of mix before. I usually make something off of the Chex cereal website. :-)