Friday, December 19, 2008

Yes, BLAKELY, there is a Santa Claus


As a child I loved the editorial Yes, VIRGINA, there is a Santa Claus. Thinking about Santa Claus I thought I would share how I grew up thinking of Santa Claus.


My parents always told us from the time we (my brother and I) started asking where the presents came from that they purchased our gifts then they sent them to Santa. He would wrap them and deliver them on Christmas Eve. (He was a very nice UPS Man.) This way we wouldn't ask for anything that they couldn't afford. I know that this is a different way of looking at Santa, but it was what I grew up knowing. Bo grew up believing in Santa differently.
It wasn't like Santa wasn't apart of Christmas. He just wasn't all of it. My mom always took us visit Santa at the mall. My mom even collects Santa's. I never had one of those devastating moments when I realized that Santa wasn't real. Knowing me I probably told some kids that he didn't bring the presents. I just don't remember. I also know that it wasn't Santa who watching if I was bad or good. It was my parents and they knew ALL. I know other individuals viewed Santa differently when they were little or what they tell there children is different. I also know that when Bo and I have kids that we will have to come up with our own idea of Santa for our children. If you would like to share your views on Santa I would love to hear them.

No comments: